|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Italian Wikipedia (view authors).|
Ruggero Pasquarelli (born September 10, 1993) is an Italian singer and actor. He's best known for participating in the Italian version of the show The X-Factor in 2010 and for his roles as Federico in Violetta and Matteo Balsano in Soy Luna.
Life and Career
Ruggero Pasquarelli was born in 1993 in Città Sant'Angelo, in the province of Pescara in the Abruzzo region in Italy, although his family is originally from Naples. He has been singing and dancing since he was six years old. In 2004 he enrolled into an acting school. Later, he attended the Faculty of Social Sciences, Arts Escénicas specialty dedicated to Bertrand Spaventa located in the town of Città Sant'Angelo. Since 2009 he is part of the Angolan musical group 65013, which is the group with the masculine voices and with which some covers a few public concerts until 2010. He studied guitar, piano and singing.
In September 2010, he auditioned for the talent show The X Factor in Maionchi Mara, in the "Boys" category . In the program he had been able to sing songs such as "Tu vuo' fa' l'americano" by Renato Carosone, "You're the First, The Last, My Everything" by Barry White and songs from other artists like Alex Britti, Maroon 5 and Elton John. He qualified to the live shows, reaching sixth place and was eliminated in the tenth episode. When he got eliminated he sang "A me me piace 'o Blues" by Pino Daniele in the compilation entitled "X Factor 4 Compilation". Later, he also participated in various events such as "Natale del Comune" in Montesilvano
He was the host of the second edition of Social King, which aired on Rai 2 and Rai Gulp and Cartoon Magic, this time hosted with Ambra Lo Faro. He also performed as the main role of Tom in the two seasons of the television series In Tour, along with Martina Russomanno and Arianna Costantin. He then also released an album of the series where Ruggero sings several songs.
He was chosen to take part in the first season of the telenovela Violetta and then moved to Buenos Aires in March 2013 to play the role of Federico. On the 27th of October 2012, he met with fans of Violetta in a special Disney-organised event in Buenos Aires. The event consisted of a live performance and the screening of a brand new episode of Violetta. After that he signed autographs for his fans and answered some of their questions.
In 2013, he participated in the program Get the Party with Valeria Badalamenti, broadcast in April 2013 on Disney Channel Italy. In 2015, he announced that he had left the Violetta LIVE tour, in which he had participated in the European leg of the tour, to play a role in Soy Luna. It was later revealed that he would portray the character Matteo Balsano.
|2010||The X Factor||Himself|
|2011 - 2012||In Tour||Tom|
|2012 - 2015||Violetta||Federico|
|2013||Get the Party||Himself|
|2016 - 2018||Soy Luna||Matteo Balsano|
|2019||Argentina, tierra de amor y venganza||Toro|
Awards and Nominations
|2016||Kids' Choice Awards Colombia||Favorite Actor||Soy Luna||Won|
|Kids' Choice Awards Argentina|
(with Candelaria Molfese)
|2017||Kids' Choice Awards Colombia||Favorite Actor||Soy Luna|
|2018||Kids' Choice Awards Mexico||Favorite Ship
(with Karol Sevilla)
|Soy Luna (Lutteo)|
|Favorite Musical YouTuber|
- He's one of the two Italian cast members, the other being Pasquale Di Nuzzo.
- He has a younger brother named Leonardo.
- He was in a relationship with twice co-star Candelaria Molfese for six years.
- He and Candelaria Molfese have a YouTube channel together called Ruggelaria.
- He had his first kiss with Candelaria Molfese in a taxi.
- His favorite dish is Tagliatelle Bolognese.
- He speaks both Italian and Spanish fluently.
- He likes Maroon 5, Justin Timberlake, and Bruno Mars.
- Ruggero's grandfather was also named Ruggero.
- He is 5' 10½" (1.79 m) tall.
- He released a book called Mi Piace! in February 2015 in Italy. In November 2015, it was released in Argentina and Uruguay with the title ¡Me gusta!.
- He traveled to Orlando, Florida with Karol Sevilla to perform at Magic Kingdom.
- His fans are called "Ruggeristas".
- He had never been in a pool until he had to film for Soy Luna.
- Once while filming an episode, he hit his head on a light.
- When asked what his favorite Disney movies are, he responded saying Hercules and Spider-Man, although the latter is not a Disney movie.
- If he was on a deserted island, he would bring sunscreen and a guitar.
- If he had a superpower, he would have the power to fly.
- His favorite color is red.
- His best friend from set is Agustín Bernasconi, who also portrays his character's best friend.
- They, along with Agustín's former Aliados co-star Maxi Espindola, have made covers of several songs together, all of which have been uploaded on Agustín's YouTube channel.
- He thinks and dreams in Spanish instead of his native tongue Italian.
- He signed a contract to appear in three seasons of Soy Luna
- When he is working, he misses Italian pasta, but most of all he misses his family. 
- He plays the guitar and the piano, and his dream is to be a musician.
- He likes to make pizza with friends.
- He was left with bruises and blisters after each 10-hour skating session for Soy Luna and he had to soak his feet in a mixture of water and salt.
- When he arrives in a foreign country, the first thing he does is ask for Internet so he can talk to his parents.
- If he could be a Disney character, he would choose Pumbaa from The Lion King, because he loves to eat, like Ruggero himself.
- He and co-star Agustín Bernasconi appeared on a radio show named "Media Pila", which is hosted by their fellow co-star, Gastón Vietto.
- He sees a singing career and an album in his future. 
- When he was young he always watched Disney Channel and never missed an episode of Hannah Montana, That's So Raven, or Phil of the Future.
- He would like to participate in Sanremo, a famous Italian music festival.
- He wrote the songs "Allá voy" and "Esta noche no paro" for Soy Luna.
| To view the Ruggero Pasquarelli gallery, click here.
- Italian interview with Ruggero.
- Interview with Ruggero and several other Violetta cast members.
- Portuguese interview with the cast.
- Interview with several cast members.
- Gastón confirming Rugge and Agus' appearances on Media Pila.