Nina meets Luna in Jam & Roller on her second day in Buenos Aires. Nina tells Luna all about skating and gives her skate lubricant. Nina runs into Luna again on Luna's first day of school. They both arrive to class late, and talk to each other in the hall. Luna tells Nina about her nickname for Matteo and explains some Mexican slang to her, which becomes a recurring occurrence.
Throughout the first season, Luna and Nina grow closer and closer and become best friends. Nina often helps Luna with her schoolwork, while Luna encourages Nina to skate and sing in front of other people. They are trusted confidants to one another and they tell each other everything. Besides Nina's parents, Luna is the only person that knows that Nina is FelicityForNow, and Nina also asks her for advice about RollerTrack and Gastón.
- Nilu (Nina and Lu/na)
- Nuna (Nina and L/una)
- They are both girls.
- They both dislike Ámbar Smith.
- Both attend Blake South College.
- Both are dating someone.
- Both are good friends with Simón Álvarez, Jim, and Yam.
- Both can sing.
- They both disliked Fab and Chic.
- Both are Argentine.
- both care about each other
- both there for each other
- Nina wears glasses, while Luna does not.
- Luna has a passion for skating, while Nina only skates a little.
- Luna was raised in Mexico, while Nina was raised in Argentina.
- Nina was Luna's first friend in Buenos Aires.
| To view the Lunina gallery, click here.