Life and Career
Karol Sevilla grew up in the city of Mexico City, Mexico. Starting in 2006, she attended Child Center for Arts Education of Televisa until she graduated in 2008. She has an older brother named Mauricio.
She began her career at age six staring in TV commercials, before landing roles in TV series and telenovelas. In 2011, she landed a role in Amorcito corazón as María Luz, the daughter of the protagonist. In 2012 and 2014, she guest stared in Cómo dice el dicho for two episodes. From 2008 to 2015, she was in a few episodes of the anthology La rosa de Guadalupe. She has also been the musical theater productions El mago de Oz, Fantabulosa, and Timbiriche.
From 2016 to 2018, she played the titular role in Soy Luna and participated in three tours across Latin America and Europe. After the end of Soy Luna, Sevilla voiced Dani Fernández in the Spanish dub of Ralph Breaks the Internet. She also contributed to the soundtrack with the song "El lugar."
|2008 - 2015||La rosa de Guadalupe||Erika/Maggie/Clara/Marilú/Paloma/Priscila/Sofía/Angélica/Lili|
|2009||Mujeres asesinas||Young Cecilia|
|2010 - 2011||Para volver a amar||Monse|
|2011||Amorcito corazón||María Luz "Marilu" Lobo Ballesteros|
|2012 - 2013||Qué bonito amor||Lucía|
|2012 - 2014||Como dice el dicho||Renata/Tatis|
|2016 - 2018||Soy Luna||Luna Valente|
|2018||Wifi Ralph (Ralph Breaks the Internet)||Dani Fernández (voice)|
|2021||Soy Luna: The Last Concert||Herself/Luna Valente|
|2008||La novicia rebelde (The Sound of Music)|
|Anita la huerfanita (Annie)|
|2012||El mago de Oz (The Wizard of Oz)|
Awards and Nominations
|2016||Kids' Choice Awards Mexico||Favorite Actress||Soy Luna||Nominated|
|Kids' Choice Awards Colombia|
|Kids' Choice Awards Argentina||Won|
|2017||Kids' Choice Awards Mexico||Nominated|
|Kids' Choice Awards Colombia||Won|
|2018||Kids' Choice Awards Mexico||Favorite TV Actress|
(with Ruggero Pasquarelli)
|Kids' Choice Awards Argentina||Favorite Actress|
|2019||Kids' Choice Awards Mexico|
- In December 2015, she and co-star Ruggero Pasquarelli sang "Alas" together in Disney World, Florida. They also sang that song together during the promotional tour of Soy Luna.
- She has two best friends from the cast, Katja Martínez and Lionel Ferro.
- She is learning English; she has spoken English in one of her videos and in a video with Lionel Ferro.
- Her favorite foods are enchiladas and sushi.
- Her favorite colors are yellow and pink.
- Her favorite animal is the tortoise.
- She likes Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez.
- Her favorite day of the week is Saturday.
- Her favorite types of music are electronic and pop.
- Her favorite numbers are 6 and 9.
- Her favorite season is summer.
- Her favorite K-Pop group is 2NE1.
- Her favorite flower is the sunflower.
- Her favorite sport is swimming.
- One of her favorite actors is Robert Downey Jr.
- Karol created her YouTube channel on January 26, 2016.
- She doesn't like soda.
- She loves Nutella.
- Her first ride on an airplane was to film for Soy Luna.
- Her favorite song is "Picky" by Joey Montana.
- She's the youngest of the main cast.
- She has wanted to be on Disney Channel since she was a little girl.
- Her fans are called Karolistas/Karolistos.
- In June 2016, she and Ruggero Pasquarelli traveled to Munich, Germany to promote "Soy Luna".
- She reached one million followers on Instagram on June 6, 2016.
- Her favorite song from Soy Luna is "Alas" because it encourages you to follow your dreams and tells you that even when you fall, you can always get back up and try again.
- She prefers Lutteo over Lumón.
- She reached 1 million subscribers on YouTube on June 19, 2016.
- She supports the Argentinian football club San Lorenzo, and she also likes the players Leandro "Pipi" Romagnoli and Nicolás Navarro. 
- When she was asked if she was able to roller-skate during her Soy Luna casting, she lied and said she could, even though she couldn't. 
- She had to do six castings for Soy Luna, including one where she sang a Jessie J song. 
- She can only work for six hours a day because of her age. 
- She wants to do a university course in graphic design or photography in the future. 
- After she learns English, she wants to learn Portuguese. 
- She thinks it's important to finish her studies at school, so she can have a back-up career in case she ever decides to stop being an actress.
- If she could be a Disney character, she would choose Merida from Brave, because she is very warrior-like. 
- Because she is a minor, her mother moved from Mexico to live with her in Buenos Aires. 
- She identifies with her character, Luna, a lot, because she is also very energetic and can never sit still. 
- She would like to buy a house for her parents in the future. 
- She would love to live in Japan, China, or Korea. 
- She thinks that children need to play more sports and stay in contact with nature, something that has been declining in recent years. 
- She finds the couples' choreography scenes in Soy Luna the most difficult, because she's afraid of falling. 
- She uses the Internet to study in the afternoons after working in the morning; her grades are pretty good, and she has to take exams when she returns home, something that makes her a little nervous. 
- She likes studying in Argentina, because she's able to experience a different culture. 
- She had a grandmother named Bertha.
- She is one of five Mexican cast members on the show; the other four are Michael Ronda, David Muri, Ana Carolina Valsagna, andGiovanna Reynaud.
- On January 17, 2017, she released an eponymous tablet that runs Android Lollipop.
- She released a book titled "Soy Karol Sevilla" (I am Karol Sevilla).
- She has been to the Disney Parks twice in her life.
- Her favorite Disney villain is Ursula, from the film The Little Mermaid.
- She has two teddy bears she got from fans during the Soy Luna Live tour which she kept on the tour bus: a brown one named Pablito and a white one name Luno.
| To view the Karol Sevilla gallery, click here.
- 50 Facts About Herself.
- Lionel Ferro Y Karol Sevilla | MI MEJOR AMIGA | #LioYKarol
- Karol Sevilla | Whisper Challenge con Lionel Ferro | #LioYKarol
- Karol's YouTube channel
- Karol in Germany
- Karol's Instagram post about hitting 1,000,000 subscribers.
- Video of Karol at a football match.
- Italian interview with Karol.
- Portuguese interview with the cast.
- Interview with several cast members.
- Interview with Karol.
- Karol about her book
- ¡Todo lo que quieres saber sobre Karol Sevilla!