He is portrayed by Joaquín Berthold.
Gary is an influential businessman who will do anything to get what he wants. When it comes to money and businesses Gary is unscrupulous.
Before the show
- He originally made his debut appearance on the Brazilian TV series Juacas representing the Red Sharks surf team.
- In the series itself, Gary has a more pivotal role with the Jam & Roller team, planning to invest money in renovating it with the same name of his surf team.
- He started off as a recurring character in the second season focusing on his main goal, eventually succeeding due to Jam & Roller's loss at Rodafest against the Sliders, and being promoted as a main character in the third season to further boost the Red Sharks' fame.
- He does not like losers.
- While being mean and arrogant to most of the main characters, including Eric Andrade, whom he bullies the most, Gary sometimes shows a soft side whenever he is around Ana, Nina's mother, who is a lawyer wanting to expose him, but nothing came to be since she was unaware of his identity until the thirtieth episode.
- He is the only main character to appear in all of the episodes of the third season's first half. In the second half, he was barely present for the first nine episodes.
- Gary's son, Sebastián López, who is also Nico's cousin, made a cameo appearance in the seventh episode when he arrived at his father's loft to pick up his surf table.
| To view the Gary López gallery, click here.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.